Monday, December 20, 2010

Xmas season is pancreatitis season

Every Christmas, thousands of dogs around Australia get sick as a result of eating inappropriate foods, usually given to them by well meaning owners and their friends and family.
Fatty foods like crackling, pork bones and the like are a common cause of pancreatitis.
Xmas deserts containing sultanas, like Xmas cake and pudding are toxic to dogs.
Common Xmas snacks like macadamias and chocolate also commonly poison dogs.
Do your dog a favor: give them dog food, treats or an appropriate bones (like a chicken neck for a small dog or brisket bone or chicken frame for a larger dog), not human leftovers.
Have a merry Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment